Saturday, October 26, 2013

Olive Leaf extract: Nature's antibiotic



I like to take Olive leaf as a maintenance supplement year round, but I don't always remember to take it. I will definitely take it when cold and flu season rolls around to give my immune system an extra boost of protection. A maintenance dose of 2 capsules per day is fine, but I sometimes take up to 6 if I am starting to feel sick or I've been around someone who has a cold or the flu.

Olive leaf has many other other benefits besides viral and bacterial protection.

What The Original Olive Leaf Extract May Offer You:
  •  Viral, Bacterial & Fungal protection
  •  Helps boost your immune system
  •  Lower cholesterol & triglycerides naturally
  •  Increase the oxygen to your brain
  •  Lower blood pressure
  • Achieve a more sound sleep 
  • Improve energy levels
  • Highest strength OLE in the U.S. 20%+

One of my favorite concoctions is a garlic tea when I do have a cold. Honey helps fight infections, garlic is an effective decongestant, and lemon helps alkalize your body. Viruses and bacteria thrive in an acidic environment.

Garlic Tea Recipe In a  saucepan, pour 3 cups of water and 3 cloves of garlic (cut in half) and bring to boil. Once it starts boiling turn off the heat and add 1/2 cup of honey and 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice. Strain. Sip 1/2 cup of warm tea, three times a day. You can refrigerate what you don't use and use the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment